Montag, 5. Oktober 2009

Helping a little bit more :)

Today Matt and I met up to joing the volunteers at UP. As I was with my family the last week and most of the schools just recrute their own students, I just could give them my donation.
But besides my favourite but worn pair of sandals (I won't bring them to Germany anyway :P) some more clothes and instant noodles (but very few compared to the staples of biscuits, noodles and water they had already stored :) we signed up for work this time. We started with repacking tons of biscuits until we could form a assembly line to fill bags with rice, noodles, canned meat, biscuits and water. We ran out of bags some times but anyway it was amazing to see how much care-packages you could pack with a comparatively small amout of people. Like this we filled up a truck going to Novaliches and for the evening even the Philippine Coast Guard came to get the rest of a days work.
No I'm fine with me, it feels good to do actual work to help not only donating some things and go away. But there are so many people spending almost their whole spare time at the relief center - their work should be more appreciated! Thank you, you do a great job :)
As another lack of bags stopped our flow, Matt and I discovered, that even if the Filipinos adore America, America is not doing half the way around. I know several German NGO's working here concerning child prostitution, poverty, children prisoners etc. and some more with a cooperation to an philippine one - but what about American ones... And as America was giving $ 100,000 as a emergency aid, Germany gave € 500,000 ;)


Volunteering at UP


Matt as runner in the assembly lane - getting some canned meat



















It's about ten times the pile in the back :)













Starting the assembly line












Repacking biscuits...

... you want some?












































My humble donation

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen