Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009

Helping just a little bit











































My professor gave the last impulse - replacing our final assingment with the appeal to help the flood victims - maybe something we should consider in germany ^^. So yesterday I grabbed my oldest cousin and went to buy as much food and water we could carry and transport with the tricycle. As I'm here in Laguna with my family we decided to go to the former and actual high-school of my cousins. It was flooded too, but the older students and teachers already cleaned up and were cheering while packing the goods people had donated. Going home my cousin was saying he was glad and felt happy he could donate some of his old t-shirts :)
I was thinking, that wasn't enough... always questing more from me. Even if it were two bags full of noodles, canned food and water, it's nothing compared to the mass of people needing food and more. Even if I'm just here for some months, I have some old clothes in Quezon City just waiting for such a use. And I'm feeling miserably that I didn't insisted that Bernd leaves his old T-shirts here :P So I donated some more for the long run and looking forward to get rid of my old clothes and towels this weekend :)))

If you have just a small amount of money you could give for the victims it can be a lot of help if everyone is doing that.
Here you can donate via the Red Cross of the Philippines (you need a Visa or Mastercard but its easy): http://www.redcross.org.ph/
And here for the Kapuso Foundation of GMA (here you can copy the details for a direct bank transfer without having a creditcard)
(Remeber the christmas season starts soon :)

After we went to the relief center, the rain started again and you could feel that everyone was checking how much it would be this time. Fortunately it stopped after a while, but on our way to the mall later one, the streets were full of puddles again and you can imagine who it would be after a great rain. Even to get to the house of my family you had to go through a big puddle. And you really could see the cause. The mini-floods all happend around the drains and sewers...
And as still some areas are flooded, the people there have to clean up again and again if the sewers don't get empty after all...

And more for your amusement (as you know me:P) than to complain I'm a little stranded here as well - not even comparable, but I can appreciate a new panty and T-shirt. When I came to my family I just thought I would stay overnight, but then I went to a debut my auntie had organized and after class were cancelled I decided to stay the whole week. Lucky me I had one T-shirt to change and my deo, as I was afraid of the rain. But I lived on pantyliners and a disposable panty the last days :P My eyebrows are still waiting for my tweaser and my dark circles around the eyes are craving for their concealer, but at least I bought some panties, books, my own shampoo and a razor yesterday :)
So once more especially to all (whining) westeners, appreciate what you have!
And give back something to the weak ones! And may it only be a helping hand for the old lady around the corner.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen