Mittwoch, 2. September 2009

Going around

So, now I didn’t gave any living sign for week – sorry, but until today, I didn’t get enough sleep neither :) After we converting my music video files which took until three in the night, they still hadn’t sound, but fortunately it should be a musicvideo, so I could skip the atmo part ;) The next difficulty was to burn the DVD. As my drive is broken, I thought I could burn it with Kayes Laptop (who was at that time feaverishly working on her internship report as well). But the viruses from the shopping center avoided that. So I bothered Thom again and fortunatly we could burn the DVD around midnight (could’ve been worse ^^).
At least it was worth the work, the next day was really fun. Our whole class had so different, funny, elegant and interesting music videos it was really gripping to watch :) And when I was telling Thom about it, I have to agree with him: You can do a awardshow honoring the funniest idea, the most intriguing idea, the most elegant set, the best editing, the design, the coolest etc.

The whole week I had some funny cabdrivers, one was making jokes about extra and then talking about Michael Schuhmacher (funny that he himself was kind of a look-a-like). The next one was going to his „office“ to get some fuel. It was in the middle of the night, when on our left side a gate was opening and he said to me, he just want to tank his car... I was totally complaining and almost got out of the cab, when I saw that there was really a parking lot ful of cabs and a little petrol station inside. Now I know the TX... cabs go sleeping and eating in 20th avenue.

Concerning the jeepneys I also learned my lesson. The Philcoa-Ride (western ride through the city) is no fun during afternoons... It took me over one hour to get home and there was no wind just sun... Even if the others will say, Katipunan can be even worse, I never experienced such a traffic there except during the first week.
And as Kays prefered rout is the Philcoa-ride, because she doesn’t need to walk that much, I have to admit I’m turning Filipina. Katipunan means, nice ride with the LRT, then no stress, because the jeepneys are already waiting at the terminal and stop exactly in front of my college. But Philcoa means, half way to walk, a little bit waiting for the UP jeepney but no walking and then a little walk to my college.
Another difference are the people. The ones going the other way around our areas (Anonas to Philcoa) look more like workers. Even if the difference is just three pesos (and maybe because auf the destinations :) And normally you can say estudyante and you get a discount of 1-2 pesos, but to show my ID, to make them clear I’m really as student, I decided, it’s ok, I won’t bother about three german cents to support the Jeepney conductor :)

On Monday I went to a non-existant group meeting and afterwards to Ayala/Glorietta do get some things for the babyshower on Friday and a cake form y family. The bus took me to San Pedro afterwards and we had a nice family dinner before we left to the airport. There Julie, RA’s girlfriend stayed longer, (she’s working at the airport) to greet Bernd and treat him like a special guest, when picking him up before the immigration. So we three waiting outside were always up to date (through text messages :) Then Auntie Beth and RA drove Bernd and me back to Quezon City and Bernd told me all the important stories of the last days and I got all your greets and hugs :)))

The next day we went to Mega Mall to get some Flipflops, Pants and T-Shirts (we weren’t successfull in getting the last one). But before we got there, we tried unsuccessfully to enter the MRT and finally took the cab :P After a little walk through Shangri La Mall, we were to tired to get our dinner at the Metrowalk as we planned. After having a funny cab driver, who was a driver in Saudi like Uncle Nic (and driving almost the same :) we went home and fell in our bed totally exhausted.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen